Monday, June 12, 2017

How To Retain More From The Books You Read In 5 Simple Steps




1: Have A Purpose:
I strongly believe that the content of books should align with what’s going on in your life. Only read books that teach you how to overcome your current challenges.

2: See Yourself As A Teacher:
Sharing knowledge is a great application. You might not be a teacher, but if you act like one, you’re already applying knowledge

3. Highlight & Make Mental Connections:
The more connections you make between pieces of information in your brain, the better you remember it. I do that by making a lot of notes. just don’t forget to highlight interesting passages.write down why you highlighted something, not always but for important notes.

4. Visualize & Imagine:
Another great way to make connections in your mind is by visualizing what you’re learning. I imagine myself sitting together with a friend and talking about the subject. Or, when I read a piece of useful advice, I visualize myself actually doing that thing.

5. Immediately Apply One Piece Of New Knowledge.
Ask yourself: How can I grow? That can be personally, financially or spiritually.Understand that growth doesn’t happen by itself. it all takes hard work.But you can make that growth a lot easier if you apply the things you learn in books.

"Remember: Knowledge alone is completely useless."
You must go out there and apply things you learn.. always ask yourself this after you finish a book. “What’s the one thing I’m going to apply after reading this book?”. it’s about what you do with your knowledge, not about how much you have. Don’t read more. Read smarter.





No comments:

Post a Comment